Monday, February 18, 2013

Knowledgable Knight

Happy Monday!

My creative juices were flowing tonight and I whipped up an activity to help my kiddos practice recognizing words with silent letters 'wr,' 'kn,' and 'mb.' Meet the Knowledgeable Knight!





The words with silent letters have escaped from the Kingdom of Knowledge and need to be captured! Students will "dig" through a "forest" (made of Easter grass or torn up paper) to search for the runaway words and return them to the castle! Ok, so my kids will have to use a little imagination and I just might throw in an accent for good measure, but I think the kids will enjoy this activity! I'l going to try it out this week and let you know how it goes! If you are interested in trying it out yourself, you can check it out
HERE. Just be forewarned that I have not tried it with my kiddos yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I appreciate it!

Follow on Bloglovin
Third Grade Blogger